Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Growing Like Weeds

Be still my heart, Olivia had her first babysitting job tonight. Granted, she was across the street, it was only for thirty minutes, and the kid was asleep the entire time, but still. My baby was in charge of another human being! I started babysitting at the age of nine, and all my older kids have been babysitting each other since they could dial 911, but it never really occurred to me that Olivia is getting to that babysitting age. She was pretty thrilled with the idea, and now that she is experienced and all, she will probably be raising her rates. Since she made nothing tonight (I told her it was a service project), she will probably still be pretty affordable.

Another reality check into the passage of time: I ordered Will's cap and gown today. In true Will fashion, I found the order form from the school a few days ago, laying on the counter, saying that we had to order everything by March 1st.  I have no idea where it came from, or how long it had been there, but I am assuming he got it sometime prior to March 1.  In true me fashion, I figured that order deadline was just a scare tactic, and put off ordering for a few more days. Then today, I panicked and hopped on the website. Nothing flashed or blew up or dinged me when I put my order through, and they were very willing to take my payment, so I'm guessing we are all good. Guess we will find out soon enough. Anyhow, I think I still have Duncan's graduation gown kicking around somewhere.

And yet more news: Audrey got a job today! She is the newest front desk person at the funplex. The good part is they are closed on Sundays. The bad part is they are open until midnight on Fridays and Saturdays. Her friend is going to work there as well though, and it is right next door to Will's job, so hopefully we can do some carpooling. She will be getting her driver's license in the next few days too, so look out world. She is gonna be unstoppable now.

No comments:

Post a Comment