Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Post Labor Day

I had a lovely little vacation to California to visit Alisa and Erwann this weekend.  I went by myself, courtesy of a combined birthday present from Alisa and Dan, and we spent  nearly five solid days doing not much of anything besides laying on the beach, laying at the pool, eating way too much and playing with her kitties. Seriously, I could live like that forever. It is a good thing that the original gift was a round trip ticket, because if it was up to me, I may have never come home.  I have a few pictures which I will post after I clean out my dropbox, which is full to overflowing with junk, and which will currently not hold any more pictures.

Now, alas, I am home, attempting to bake a chocolate cake for Mitchell's birthday, and failing miserably. This is the second time this recipe has failed me.  I am blaming the recipe, and not my abilities.  But what bothers me is that it is the recipe on the back of the Hershey's Cocoa container, for crying out loud.  You would think it would be dummy proof, and I really am not a dummy when it comes to baking. Not ususally anyway. Oh well. Good thing Costco sells cake.

Also of note on this second of September, Dan started a new job today, doing PR!  He is really excited, and we are  hopeful for good things to come.  He deserves something good, he has worked hard for a new opportunity.

I also still need to post first day of school pictures for Will and Audrey. They both started school last week, just in time for Olivia to be off track for the next three.  Have I mentioned how much I love public school?

Duncan has a new job too, that he will hopefully start up next week. With most of us gainfully employed now, things seem to be looking up.  Now, being the pessimist that I am, I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment