Monday, February 16, 2015

Denial

Today is the first day of the next forty nine days of my life.  From now until Easter, I'm vowing to eat a Paleo diet- in simple terms that means no dairy or grains, no sugar.   All meat, all fruit, all veggies all the time. Sounds fun right?

Believe me, this is a desperate measure. That old scale in the bathroom has been creeping up unnervingly fast over the past six months, and no matter what I do, I can't seem to slow it down. I do not want to get diabetes, which my doctor tells me I am prone to developing if  I gain weight. Also, I don't want to be fat in Alisa's wedding pictures. So on top of getting back into the groove of running three miles a day, I HAVE to start eating better. And I'm not good at moderation in any form. I'm an all or nothing kind of gal, so I'm going all in for 49 days of no junk.  If I feel better and lose some weight, well, right on.  If I don't feel better and I don't lose weight, then pass the phentermine.

Only today was not a good day to start. I woke up sick to my stomach this morning. I ate a banana and it got worse. So I started gulping down the Pepto Bismol, which helped a little bit, but the only thing that really helps when I feel this way is a coke slurpee.  So I had two of them today.  On the day I'm supposed to start being all healthy, my diet consisted of one banana and two coke slurpees. I'm still counting it as a win though. The sugar was medicinal.

No comments:

Post a Comment