Monday, January 2, 2017

Page 2

We woke up this lovely second morning of the year to several inches of new snow. Well, to be honest, I woke up at 8:30 to the sound of my neighbor's snow blower going.  Since I was supposed to be at work at 9, there was a brief moment of panic before I decided I just didn't care that much. Making someone work on Monday, January 2 is just too much, especially when the rest of the family got one more day to sleep in and be lazy. I figured the snow would be the perfect excuse for being late for work.

As it turns out, working today earns me the privilege of staying home tomorrow, when everybody else has to go out into the cold cruel world. Everyone except Duncan that is.  Duncan will be home with me now of course, and I already have big plans for us to get all the Christmas put away and the house sparkling clean. We will see how far we get on my little spark of ambition. Tonight I am working on Sherlock reruns and finishing the laundry. I am finding out that Sherlock requires one's full attention, and even something as mundane as the laundry is too distracting.

Tomorrow marks 70 days in the mission for Will. I wish I could say it was going fast, but at least it is going. At least now we can say that he will be home NEXT YEAR!  I've been waiting 68 days to be able to say that.

In other news, we found out on Saturday, via Facebook, that Audrey is out of a job as of tomorrow. The pool she works at has suddenly and unexpectedly decided to close as of January 3. She worked her last shift this evening. This came as kind of a shock, especially since the owners did such a lowly job of informing their employees, but Audrey is carrying such a heavy load of classes this year that it may be a blessing in disguise. She may start looking around for another job or she may just take her time about it. Guess we will see how much she hates being without money.

No comments:

Post a Comment