Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Back to Real Life

Christmas is over and done with and all put away, except for the traditional handful of items that always manage to get overlooked. This year, it was Olivia's stocking, some ribbon, and some books. Every year, I think I have searched every nook for all the holiday paraphernalia and every year I manage to miss some, which then sits out in the middle of everything else until the next holiday season descends upon us. The good news about that is that at least the stuff that got left out last year is finally put away.

Science fair season is now upon us. Olivia is the participant this year, and her experiment was the effects of sugar and salt on slime. We were up until 10 pm trying to figure out how to graph the results. The actual fair is not til next week, so we still have to do her board, but I feel like we are actually pretty on top of things this time around. I do hate science fairs though. I am bound and determined that this is going to be HER project though, not mine. Nothing I hate worse than a science fair project that reeks of a pinterest loving mother.

With Audrey out of job and out of a musical,  and Duncan out of a mission, things have seemed almost quiet around here the past few days. I can't say I miss driving Duncan back and forth to Kaysville every day. I know I am jinxing myself though, by even thinking the words "quiet around here". You would think I would have learned by now. In fact, now that I think about it,  Dan got a call from the renters in Logan tonight. The furnace is out. Perfect timing, now that there is 12 inches of snow up there and a forecast of -8. Heavy sigh. There goes my night's sleep. So much for quiet.

Happy tossing and turning and wondering how much this is going to cost me.

No comments:

Post a Comment