Tuesday, June 9, 2015

61 Days

Yesterday was Olivia's first day back on track at school. Today, her class went on a field trip to the dump. Doesn't that sound thrilling? Have I mentioned before how much I hate year round school? She should be home, sleeping in, watching too many cartoons and spending her afternoons eating popsicles and running through the sprinklers. Instead, she is riding around the dump on a school bus. Her teacher promised that they would be doing all kinds of fun things in June. Boy they sure started off with a bang, eh?  Guess there is nowhere to go but up at this point.

Two months to the wedding. Sixty one days, thanks to July having 31 days. Thank you July, for those extra 24 hours. We are going to need them. The wedding has now overtaken my living room.  Up until this week, the accumulation of supplies was contained to the laundry room. But I got sick of tripping over decorations and candles and paper goods every time I had to get to my dryer. So now, all of our goods are on display in the living room, for all to see as soon as they walk in the front door. No secrets here. It makes me feel a little bit better when I see things piling up, like our plans are really hatching. If only we could get to the wedding without having the summer go so fast. Once the wedding is over, summer will be on it's way out and that is just sad.  We better soak it up while it's here.








No comments:

Post a Comment