Sunday, November 26, 2017

Being Mrs Banks

Audrey has wrapped up her role as Mrs. Banks in the school musical.

She knocks my socks off.

I know I'm biased, but really, she has such a presence on stage, and the girl can sing.

It was a great show.

Sadly, she was sick  with a cold all week long, and struggled to keep up her voice. She drank hot tea, rested her voice, took Sudafed, drank lots of water, everything we could think of to help her get better. I thought she still sounded fabulous. She was a bit bereft, as Mrs. Banks would say, and felt she could have done better if she had been in tip top shape.  Even more sad, her voice kept getting worse and worse after the show was over. She basically had no voice for a few days afterwards, it's a good thing the show was the week it was and not a week later.

Anyhow, she did great, and now we are looking forward to the spring production of Footloose.



A few adoring fans.



Mrs Banks and Mary Poppins, a dynamic duo

One of the best parts for me about these shows is seeing Audrey in her element. When she comes out after the show and all her friends and castmates are there laughing and talking and congratulating each other, I realize what an amazing girl I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment