Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Jackpot Times Six

I'm pretty sure that everybody in the world has at least a few things in their life that did not turn out the way they wanted or expected.  I have my fair share of those bothersome things, and the older I get, the more I realize that some of them are just not going to change, no matter how much I dislike them. I am also really good at dwelling on all of those things I have not, and feeling sorry for myself.

Today though, it hit me hard that there is one big part of my life where I got everything I hoped for and more.

I have great kids.

 Whatever areas it shorted me in, Life was kind enough to bestow upon me six terrific kids.  More than anything else, I always wanted a herd of kids, and that is exactly what I got. The older they all get, the more I just really like them. Every single one of them. I wish I could take more credit for what wonderful people they are, but I really can't. They mostly just came that way. I will take some credit for the fact that none of them are ax murderers, but beyond that, I think I really just got lucky.

They are kind, intelligent, level headed, hard working, thoughtful, funny, honest, motivated, and of course, beautiful. Right now, they are all doing exceptionally well, achieving great things, and giving me much about which to brag and boast. I have been a parent long enough to know that I could wake up tomorrow and all six of them could be in dire straits. But no matter what happens tomorrow, I have six good, decent human beings on my side. What else could a girl ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment